Sunday Services resume with limited capacity
We as a church are complying with national requirements to reduce the transmission and spread of coronavirus within our premises. We should all act responsibly:
If you or your household have any of the symptoms of COVID-19
- a new continuous cough
- fever/high temperature
- loss of or change in sense of taste or smell
do NOT come to church. Stay at home and book a test.
Sermons are available on our website if you cannot attend in person.
As we show our care for each other and the wider community we have the following arrangements in place:
Prior to entry
- Please pre-book your seat as described above.
- The main entrance to the building will be open to allow the congregation to start coming in from 10.40am. Welcomers are present to greet the congregation and ensure that 2m distancing is maintained prior to entry.
- Names and contact details are recorded prior to or on entering the building for NHS Test & Protect. There is a seating plan in place and door stewards share this with people as they enter.
- Numbers are strictly limited and once building capacity has been reached, additional people will be not be admitted.
In the building
- Face coverings must be worn by everyone over the age of 5 at all times when in the building.
- We have automatic hand sanitiser stations at the doors. Please sanitise when entering and leaving the building.
- Every household should stay 2m apart from other households both inside and outside the building. There are signs on the ground at 2m intervals to help you with this.
- We have a one-way system through the building and allocated seating to maintain 2m distancing between households at all times. We expect the congregation to enter the building and move straight to their allocated seat, remaining there for the duration of the Service. Children must be closely supervised at all times within the building by parents/carers to ensure that they are maintaining 2m distancing from other households.
- When attending a Service please touch as few surfaces as possible. No Bibles are provided so please bring your own.
- We gather and worship together with joy although there will be no congregational singing. There may be singing by one person from the front, from behind a protective screen. The preacher will also speak from behind a screen.
- At the end of the Service we expect people to exit promptly by the side doors as indicated by signage, particularly moving away from the doors to allow others to move out after them. 2m distancing must be maintained while exiting and afterwards outside the building. After you exit the building, please consider going straight to your transportation to avoid larger numbers than is permissible gathering outside the Church. Everyone should avoid blocking exits, paths or the pavement outside the building.
Other things to note
- As all the doors are left open, it may get quite cold by the end of the Service despite the heating being on, so please dress warmly!
- There is only one toilet available, for emergency use only. We encourage everyone to use facilities elsewhere and to avoid using this as far as possible. Where a primary school-aged child requires the toilet, they must be taken by their parent/carer and hand washing closely supervised.